- Primary roles: Interceptor, strike, electronic combat
- First flight: August 14, 1974
- Number built: 990 (all variants)
- Primary users: Royal Air Force, German Air Force, Italian Air Force, Royal Saudi Air Force
- Wingspan: 45ft 8" (13.9m) at 25° sweep
- Length: 54ft 10" (16.7m)
- Height: 19ft 6" (6.0m)
- Max. speed: Mach 2.2
- Engines: Turbo-Union RB199-34R Mk 103 afterburning turbofans
Aug/Sept 2020 winner
James S. Baum
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
How long have you been in the aerospace business? 30 years
How did you become interested in aircraft? Back in high school with the Civil Air Patrol, and I continued.
What is your favorite aircraft and why? The Lockheed Constellation, as it is a thing of beauty, followed by the general-purpose Douglas C-47 transport.
Vice President Engineering
Zatorski Coating Co. Inc.
East Hampton, Connecticut
To enter the contest, visit www.AerospaceManufacturingAndDesign.com/Form/NameThatPlane and fill out the provided entry form. Only completed forms will qualify. A full set of rules is provided.
The entry deadline for this issue’s contest is Jan. 7, 2021. Winners will be announced in the March 2021 issue.
Have fun, and good luck!
Look what James won!
Enter today to win your own high-quality desktop aircraft replica!